ITIL Capability Modules
ITIL Intermediate Capability Stream
Service Offerings and Agreements
Are you are looking for ITIL Capability training?
The ITIL Operational Support and Analysis certificate is a free standing qualification, but is also worth 4 credits towards the ITIL Expert in IT Management Certificate.
The ITIL Certificate in Service Offerings and Agreements is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices during the Service Management Lifecycle.
Subjects covered include: Portfolio, Service Level, Service Catalogue, Demand, Supplier and Financial Management.
The target group of the ITIL Certificate in Service Offerings and Agreements is:
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of ITIL Certificate in the Service Offerings and Agreement processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation.
- IT professionals that are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme
- Operational staff involved in Service Portfolio Management; Service Catalogue Management; Service Level Management; Demand Management; Supplier Management; Financial Management and Business Relationship Management who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service Management as a Practice
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the Service Offerings and Agreement curriculum:
- Service Portfolio Management which provides documentation for services and prospective services in business terms
- Service Catalogue Management which is concerned with the production and documentation of the Service Catalogue from a business and a technical viewpoint
- Service Level Management which sets up a Service Level Agreement (SLA) structure and ensures that all SLAs have an underpinning support structure in place
- Demand Management which identifies Patterns of Business Activity to enable the appropriate strategy to be implemented
- Supplier Management which ensures all partners and suppliers are managed in the appropriate way and includes contract management
- Financial Management which includes ensuring understanding of the service value and the management of all financial considerations
- Business Relationship Managers who have responsibility to represent customers and ensure the Service Catalogue and Portfolio have the right needs
- Operational activities of processes covered in other Lifecycle phases such as Incident and Change Management
- Organizing for Service Operation which describe functions to be performed within Service Offerings and Agreement
- Service Offerings and Agreement roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks
- CSI as a consequence of effective Service Offerings and Agreement
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission. It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- Can demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Service Offerings and Agreements management of their own business environment is strongly recommended.
- Have exposure working in the service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility emphasizing on at least one of the following management processes:
- Service Portfolio Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Service Level Management
- Demand Management
- Supplier Management
- Financial Management
It is recommended that candidates are familiar with the guidance detailed in the ITIL Service Lifecycle Practices core publications prior to attending training for this certification.
Eligibility for Examination
To be eligible for the examination leading to an accredited ITIL Certificate in Service Offerings and Agreements, the candidate must fill the following requirements:
- At least 30 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- It is also recommended that students should complete at a minimum 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance publications and in particular, the Service Strategy and Service Design publications
Following completion of this unit, the candidate will possess knowledge of:
- Understanding of the importance of Service Management as a Practice concept and Service Operation Principles, Purpose and Objective
- The importance of ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements while providing service • How all processes in ITIL Service Offerings and Agreement interact with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- The processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Service Offerings and Agreement processes
- How to use the ITIL Service Offerings and Agreement processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Explain how to measure ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements
- The importance of IT Security and its contributions to ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements
- Understanding of technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements
ITIL Capability Service Offerings and Agreements Training Courses
ITIL Capability Specialist Gold Package
Provides an accelerated route to qualifying in one of the ITIL Capability disciplines. This blended programme combines ITIL Foundation e-learning including examination with your chosen 5-day ITIL Capability classroom workshop.
Single User Gold Pack
Request a Corporate Quote
5-Day ITIL Intermediate Qualification in Service Offerings & Agreements
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. This enables the organisation to introduce Service
Portfolio Management, Service Catalogue Management, Service Level Management, Demand Management, Supplier Management, Financial Management and Business Relationship Management as integral parts of its overall business-focussed Services Framework.
Request a Corporate Quote