ITIL Capability Modules
ITIL Intermediate Capability Stream
Release, Control and Validation
Are you are looking for ITIL Capability training?
The ITIL Release, Control and Validation certificate is a free standing qualification, but is also worth 4 credits towards the ITIL Expert in IT Management Certificate.
The ITIL Certificate in Release, Control and Validation is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices during the Service Management Lifecycle.
Subjects covered include Change, Release & Deployment, Validation & Testing, Service Asset & Configuration, Knowledge, Request Management and Service Evaluation.
The target group of the ITIL Expert Qualification: Release, Control and Validation is:
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of ITIL Certificate in Release, Control and Validation processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation.
- IT professionals that are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme
- Operational staff involved in Change Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Request Fulfillment, Service Evaluation and Knowledge Management, who wish to enhance their rolebased capabilities.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service Management as a Practice
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the capability of Release, Control and Validation management
- Change management as a capability to realise successful service transition
- Service validation and testing as a capability to assure the integrity and the quality of service transition
- Service asset and configuration management as a capability to monitor the state of service transition
- Knowledge management as part of enhancing the on-going management decision support and service delivery capability
- Service request fulfilment and evaluation to assure meeting committed service level performance • Release Control and Validation process roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks
And specifically in the following key ITIL process and role areas:
- Change management
- Service release and deployment management
- Service validation and testing
- Service asset and configuration management
- Knowledge management
- Request fulfilment
- Service Evaluation
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission. It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Release, Control and Validation management in their own business environment
- Have some experience of working in a service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility relating to at least one of the following service management processes: • Change management
- Release management
- Configuration management
- Service evaluation and quality assurance
- Knowledge management
- Service validation and testing It is strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications in advance of attending training for the certification, and in particular the Service Transition and Service Operation books.
Eligibility for Examination
To be eligible for the examination leading to an accredited ITIL Certificate in Release, Control and Validation, the candidate must fill the following requirements:
- At least 30 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- It is also recommended that students should complete at a minimum 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance, in particular Service Strategy and Service, Service Design and Service Transition publications
Following completion of this unit, the candidate will know:
- The importance of Service Management as a Practice concept and Service Transition Principals, Purpose and Objective
- The importance of ITIL Release, Control and Validation while providing service
- How all processes in ITIL Release, Control and Validation interact with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- What are the processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Release, Control and Validation processes
- How to use the ITIL Release, Control and Validation processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL Release, Control and Validation
- The importance of IT Security and its contributions to ITIL Release, Control and Validation
- The technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Release, Control and Validation
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL Release, Control and Validation
ITIL Capability Release, Control and Validation Training Courses
ITIL Capability Specialist Gold Package
Provides an accelerated route to qualifying in one of the ITIL Capability disciplines. This blended programme combines ITIL Foundation e-learning including examination with your chosen 5-day ITIL Capability classroom workshop.
Single User Gold Pack
Request a Corporate Quote
5-Day ITIL Intermediate Qualification in Release, Control & Validation
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. This enables the organisation to introduce Change Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Request Fulfilment, Service Evaluation and Knowledge Management as integral parts of its overall business-focussed Services Framework.
Request a Corporate Quote