ITIL Capability Modules
ITIL Intermediate Capability Stream
Operational Support and Analysis
Are you are looking for ITIL Capability training?
The ITIL Operational Support and Analysis certificate is a free standing qualification, but is also worth 4 credits towards the ITIL Expert in IT Management Certificate.
The ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle.
Subjects covered include Event, Incident, Request, Problem, Access, Service Desk, Technical, IT Ops and Application Management.
The target group of the ITIL Expert Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis is:
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management.
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation.
- IT professionals that are working within an organisation that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme
- Operational staff involved in Event Management Process, Incident Management Process, Request Fulfilment Process, Problem Management Process, Access Management Process, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service Management as a Practice
- Service Operation Principals
- The Processes pertaining to Operational Support and Analysis across the Service Lifecycle
- Specific emphasis on the Service Operation Lifecycle processes and roles included in:
- Event Management which defines any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT Infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
- Incident Management which has the capability to bring services back to normal operations as soon as possible, according to agreed service levels
- Request Fulfilment which fulfils a request providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity or the quality of business services and products
- Problem Management which prevents problems and resulting Incidents from happening, to eliminate recurring Incidents and to minimize the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented
- Access Management which grants authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users
- Operational activities of processes covered in other Lifecycle phases such as:
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Knowledge Management
- Financial Management for IT Services, and
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Organizing for Service Operation which describe functions to be performed within the Service Operation and Support such as Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management
- Service Operations and Support Service Operation roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
Eligibility for Examination
To be eligible for the examination leading to an accredited ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Validation, the candidate must fill the following requirements:
- At least 30 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- It is also recommended that students should complete at a minimum 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance publications and in particular, the Service Operation publication
Following completion of this unit, the candidate will know:
- The importance of Service Management as a Practice concept and Service Operation Principles, purpose and objectives
- The importance of ITIL Operational Support and Analysis while providing service • How all processes in ITIL Operational Support and Analysis interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis processes
- How to use the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- The importance of IT Security and its contributions to ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- Understanding the technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
- The challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks associated with ITIL Operational Support and Analysis
ITIL Capability Operational Support Analysis Training Courses
ITIL Capability Specialist Gold Package
Provides an accelerated route to qualifying in one of the ITIL Capability disciplines. This blended programme combines ITIL Foundation e-learning including examination with your chosen 5-day ITIL Capability classroom workshop.
Single User Gold Pack
Request a Corporate Quote
5-Day ITIL Intermediate Qualification in Operational Support & Analysis
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. This enables the organisation to introduce Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Problem Management and Access Management processes, the Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management functions as integral parts of its overall business-focussed Services Framework.
Request a Corporate Quote