ITIL Service Strategy Certificate
Are you are looking for ITIL Lifecycle training?
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and strategy as documented in the ITIL Service Strategy publication.
Target AudienceThe main target group for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate includes but is not restricted to CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of strategizing activities within the Service Lifecycle.
The course covers the management of service strategy and core information of supporting activities within the Service Strategy stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes.
The target group may also be of interest to:
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL Service Strategy stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
Learning ObjectivesCandidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service Strategy Principles
- Defining services and market spaces
- Conducting Strategic Assessments
- Financial Management
- Service Portfolio Management
- Managing demand
- Driving strategy through the Service Lifecycle
- Understanding Critical Success Factors and risks
In addition the training for this certification should include examination preparation, including a mock examination opportunity.
PrerequisitesCandidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Eligibility for ExaminationTo be eligible for the ITIL Intermediate: Service Strategy Qualification, candidates shall fulfill the following requirements:
- At least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Strategy publication in preparation for the examination
Learning OutcomesFollowing the completion of this unit, the candidate will know:
- Understanding of the importance of Service Management as a Practice concept and Service Strategy Principals, Purpose and Objective
- How ITIL Service Strategy interacts with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Service Strategy processes
- The roles and responsibilities within ITIL Service Strategy and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Explain how to measure ITIL Service Strategy
- Understanding of technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Service Strategy
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL Service Strategy
ITIL Service Strategy Certificate Training Options
ITIL Lifecycle Specialist Gold Package
ITIL Service Strategy & Improvement Package
3-Day ITIL Intermediate Qualification in Service Strategy
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams.
Public Schedule - Book from £1095+VAT Request a Corporate Quote