ITIL Service Strategy Certificate
Are you are looking for ITIL Lifecycle training?
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and strategy as documented in the ITIL Service Strategy publication.
The main target group for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Certificate includes but is not restricted to CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers and ITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of strategizing activities within the Service Lifecycle.
The course covers the management of service strategy and core information of supporting activities within the Service Strategy stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes.
The target group may also be of interest to:
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the ITIL Service Strategy stage of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service Strategy Principles
- Defining services and market spaces
- Conducting Strategic Assessments
- Financial Management
- Service Portfolio Management
- Managing demand
- Driving strategy through the Service Lifecycle
- Understanding Critical Success Factors and risks
In addition the training for this certification should include examination preparation, including a mock examination opportunity.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Eligibility for Examination
To be eligible for the ITIL Intermediate: Service Strategy Qualification, candidates shall fulfill the following requirements:
- At least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Strategy publication in preparation for the examination
Following the completion of this unit, the candidate will know:
- Understanding of the importance of Service Management as a Practice concept and Service Strategy Principals, Purpose and Objective
- How ITIL Service Strategy interacts with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Service Strategy processes
- The roles and responsibilities within ITIL Service Strategy and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Explain how to measure ITIL Service Strategy
- Understanding of technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Service Strategy
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL Service Strategy
ITIL Service Strategy Certificate Training Options
Provides an accelerated route to qualifying in one of the ITIL Lifecycle disciplines. This blended programme combines ITIL Foundation e-learning including examination with your chosen classroom workshop from the 5 available 3-day Lifecycle workshops.
£1295+VAT Single User Gold Pack Request a Corporate Quote
This blended programme combines ITIL Foundation e-learning including examination with the 2 peripheral intermediate lifecycle modules of Service Strategy & Continual Service Improvement. Candidates will take 3 examinations and will gain 8 credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
£2295+VAT Single User Gold Pack Request a Corporate Quote
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Service Strategy and covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Strategy stage of the lifecycle but not the detail of each of the supporting processes (which are covered in detail in the capability courses). Additionally the course looks at the concept of Service Strategy as a practice and at the interfaces between Service Strategy and the other stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams.
Public Schedule - Book from £1095+VAT
Request a Corporate Quote
top of page
Call one of our professional training advisors on +44 (0)1270 611600 or fill in our contact form for a reply within 24 hours.
Download useful free ITIL resources and tools including sample ITIL Foundation quizzes, the ITIL process map and much more.
© Copyright ILX Group 2014
Registered Office: Progility plc trading as ILX Group plc, 4th Floor, 15 Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1BW, United Kingdom
Registered in England & Wales No. 03525870
Tel: +44 (0)1270 611600
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
M_o_R® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
P3O® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
MoV® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
P3M3® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
MoP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
IT Infrastructure Library® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
AXELOS® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
PRINCE® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The APMG-International Agile Project Management and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
AgilePM is a Registered Trade Mark of Dynamic Systems Development Method Limited.
APMG-International AgilePM is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
The APMG-International Finance for Non Financial Managers and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
APMG-International Finance for Non Financial Managers is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
The APMG-International PPS and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
APMG-International PPS is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited and Cassini.
The APMG Swirl ISO/IEC 20000 Device is a Trade Mark of APM Group Ltd.
Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Please note that ILX Group owns the url www.itiltraining.com. For the official ITIL site, visit www.itil-officialsite.com.