About the course
The ITIL 4 Foundation level virtual course provides delegates with an extensive introduction to the core concepts of ITIL 4. It helps your understanding of the ITIL 4 principles and demonstrates how they can improve an individual’s work and the work of the organization. With the help of the ITIL 4 concepts and terminology and group discussions you will acquire the knowledge and skills to enable you to successfully pass the ITIL 4 Foundation certification.
What is VILT?
Virtual instructor-led training (VILT) incorporates both the personal teaching experience of a classroom, with the ease and flexibility of a virtual environment. Our VILT courses are interactive and engaging, allowing participants to communicate with both the instructor and each other in a collaborative manner.Please review our FAQs for more information relating to virtual learning, including the technical specifications.
There are no formal pre-requisites for attending this course or sitting the exam.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the key concepts of ITIL service management
- Understand how ITIL guiding principles can help organizations to adopt and adapt ITIL service management
- Understand the four dimensions of ITIL service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system, and the activities of the service value chain, and how they connect
- Understand the key concepts of continual improvement
HOW YOU TAKE YOUR EXAM
The Foundation exam is taken online via remote proctor. Two weeks prior to course commencement ILX will arrange for an exam voucher to be issued. You then have a choice you can either:
Note: You are responsible for booking your own exam.
- Closed book
- 60 minutes duration
- 40 questions each worth 1 mark
- Pass mark 65% or higher (26 marks or above)
This is an intensive two-day course that prepares you for the ITIL 4 Foundation examination. The training is conducted via a virtual training environment. You need to ensure that you can satisfy the technical requirements that can be found on our website here.
- Individuals at the start of their journey in service management
- ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers
- Individuals working in other parts of “IT” (digital, product, development) with strong interface with service delivery
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge
Important note regarding pre-course
There is mandatory online pre-course work that must be undertaken prior to attending this course. It is expected that it will take approximately three to four hours to complete. You will be sent full instructions with a link to the online pre course within 48 hours of your confirmed booking. In addition, whilst attending your course there will also be some examination preparation evening work.
Review the technical requirements for the online learning here.