About the course
Our accredited ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support (CDS) elearning helps prepare you for the CDS examination. The examination assesses whether you can demonstrate sufficient understanding and application of ITIL 4 to the creation, delivery and support of services, as described in the CDS syllabus.
The ITIL 4 CDS qualification is one of the pre-requisites for the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional which assesses the candidate’s practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful, modern IT-enabled services, teams and workflows.
With our e-learning courses, you can study at a time and pace that suits you.
There are two formal prerequisites in order to sit the exam. You must have passed either the ITIL 4 Foundation or the Managing Professional Transition examination and you must undertake an accredited training course.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to the creation, delivery and support across the SVS and value streams
- Know how to create, deliver and support services
The ITIL 4 CDS exam is taken online via remote proctor. For more information about taking your exam and to check the technical requirements please click here.
This course will take approximately 16 hours to complete.
- ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers
- ITSM practitioners managing the operation of IT-enabled & digital products and services, and those responsible for the end-to-end delivery
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to develop their knowledge