About the course
The Create Deliver and Support qualification provides you with an understanding on how to integrate different value streams and activities to create, deliver and support IT-enabled products and services, and relevant practices, methods and tools. It will also give you an understanding of service performance, service quality and improvement methods. The examination assesses whether you can demonstrate sufficient understanding and application of ITIL 4 to the creation, delivery and support of services, as described in the CDS syllabus.
The ITIL 4 CDS qualification is one of the pre-requisites for the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional which assesses the candidate’s practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful, modern IT-enabled services, teams and workflows.
There are two formal prerequisites in order to sit the exam. You must have passed the ITIL 4 Foundation examination and you must attend an accredited training course.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to the creation, delivery and support across the SVS and value streams
- Know how to create, deliver and support services
- 90-minute duration
- Closed book
- 40 questions
- Pass mark is 70% or higher – a raw score of 28 marks or above
This is an intensive three day classroom course with the exam on the last day.
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- ITSM practitioners managing the operation of IT-enabled & digital products and services, and those responsible for the end-to-end delivery
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to develop their knowledge
There is mandatory pre-course work that must be undertaken prior to attending this course. You will be sent full instructions prior to the event. In addition, whilst attending the course there will also be some exam preparation evening work.