ITIL Service Transition Certificate
Are you are looking for ITIL Lifecycle training?
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service Management as documented in the ITIL Service Transition publication.
The main target group for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate includes, but is not restricted to CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers.
The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Transition stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes.
This course syllabus may also be of interest to:
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Transition phase of the ITIL core Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Transition environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Introduction to Service Transition
- Service Transition Principles
- Management and control of all Service Transition activities
- Service Transition Related activities around communications, commitment and organisational change
- Organising Service Transition
- Control and coordination of Service Transition technology related activities
- Analysis, justification and selection of the implementation approaches, challenges, critical success factors and risks
In addition the training for this certification should include examination preparation, including a mock examination opportunity.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Eligibility for Examination
To be eligible for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification Service Transition examination, candidates shall fulfil the following requirements:
- At least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Transition book in preparation for the examination
Following the completion of this unit, the candidate will know:
- Understanding of the importance of Service Management as a Practice concept and Service Transition Principals, Purpose and Objective
- How all processes in ITIL Service Transition interact with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- What are the sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Service Transition processes
- The roles and responsibilities within ITIL Service Transition and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Explain how to measure ITIL Service Transition
- Understanding of technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Service Transition
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL Service Transition
ITIL Service Transition Certificate Training Options
Provides an accelerated route to qualifying in one of the ITIL Lifecycle disciplines. This blended programme combines ITIL Foundation e-learning including examination with your chosen classroom workshop from the 5 available 3-day Lifecycle workshops.
£1295+VAT Single User Gold Pack Request a Corporate Quote
This blended programme combines ITIL Foundation e-learning including examination with the 3 core intermediate lifecycle 3-day modules of Service Design, Service Transition and Service Operation. Candidates will take 4 examinations and will gain 11 credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
£3395+VAT Single User Gold Pack Request a Corporate Quote
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Service Transition and covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Transition stage of the lifecycle but not the detail of each of the supporting processes (which are covered in detail in the capability courses). Additionally the course looks at the concept of Service Transition as a practice and at the interfaces between Service Transition and the other stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams.
Public Schedule - Book from £1095+VAT
Request a Corporate Quote
top of page
Call one of our professional training advisors on +44 (0)1270 611600 or fill in our contact form for a reply within 24 hours.
Download useful free ITIL resources and tools including sample ITIL Foundation quizzes, the ITIL process map and much more.
© Copyright ILX Group 2014
Registered Office: Progility plc trading as ILX Group plc, 4th Floor, 15 Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1BW, United Kingdom
Registered in England & Wales No. 03525870
Tel: +44 (0)1270 611600
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
M_o_R® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
P3O® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
MoV® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
P3M3® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
MoP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
IT Infrastructure Library® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
AXELOS® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
PRINCE® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The APMG-International Agile Project Management and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
AgilePM is a Registered Trade Mark of Dynamic Systems Development Method Limited.
APMG-International AgilePM is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
The APMG-International Finance for Non Financial Managers and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
APMG-International Finance for Non Financial Managers is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
The APMG-International PPS and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.
APMG-International PPS is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited and Cassini.
The APMG Swirl ISO/IEC 20000 Device is a Trade Mark of APM Group Ltd.
Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Please note that ILX Group owns the url www.itiltraining.com. For the official ITIL site, visit www.itil-officialsite.com.