ITIL Service Transition Certificate
Are you are looking for ITIL Lifecycle training?
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service Management as documented in the ITIL Service Transition publication.
The main target group for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition Certificate includes, but is not restricted to CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers.
The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Transition stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes.
This course syllabus may also be of interest to:
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Transition phase of the ITIL core Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Transition environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Introduction to Service Transition
- Service Transition Principles
- Management and control of all Service Transition activities
- Service Transition Related activities around communications, commitment and organisational change
- Organising Service Transition
- Control and coordination of Service Transition technology related activities
- Analysis, justification and selection of the implementation approaches, challenges, critical success factors and risks
In addition the training for this certification should include examination preparation, including a mock examination opportunity.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Eligibility for Examination
To be eligible for the ITIL Intermediate Qualification Service Transition examination, candidates shall fulfil the following requirements:
- At least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Transition book in preparation for the examination
Following the completion of this unit, the candidate will know:
- Understanding of the importance of Service Management as a Practice concept and Service Transition Principals, Purpose and Objective
- How all processes in ITIL Service Transition interact with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- What are the sub-processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL Service Transition processes
- The roles and responsibilities within ITIL Service Transition and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Explain how to measure ITIL Service Transition
- Understanding of technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Service Transition
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL Service Transition
ITIL Service Transition Certificate Training Options
ITIL Lifecycle Specialist Gold Package
ITIL Service Manager Package
3-Day ITIL Intermediate Qualification in Service Transition
Public Schedule - Book from £1095+VAT Request a Corporate Quote